Maplewood is home to approximately 42,000 people, with nearly 16,000 households, according to the 2020 U.S. Census.
Maplewood's racial composition:
- 56% White alone
- 19% Asian or Pacific Islander
- 11% African American
- 9% Hispanic or Latino of any race
- 0.4% Native American
- 2.9% from two or more races
Use Metropolitan Council's interactive tool to learn more about Maplewood's demographics.
According to 2018 estimates, 30.3% of households had children under the age of 18 living with them:
- 47.8% were married couples living together.
- 35.4% were non-families.
- 12.1% had a female householder with no husband present.
- 4.7% had a male householder with no wife present.
29.1% of all households were made up of individuals, and 12.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.48, and the average family size was 3.08.
Major Employers in Maplewood include:
- Best Buy
- CostCo Wholesale
- M Health Fairview
- Independent School District 622
- Maplewood Mall