Edgerton Community Garden Plot Registration - 2019 Season
All plots are full except for the 3-foot by 5-foot Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessible raised beds (reserved for people using canes, walkers, or wheelchairs). Sign up to use ADA accessible beds by calling 651-249-2173 to rent these ADA plots, and leave a message with your interest.
- Grow your own local organic food!
- Rent a 12-foot by 15-foot in-ground plot, or 4-foot by 8-foot raised bed (18 inches height) or a 3-foot by 5-foot ADA-accessible raised bed for the 2019 garden season.
- Garden Season is Friday May 3 through Monday, October 21.
- The City will provide water spigots.
- Renters agree to plant, maintain, and harvest their plots using organic (chemical-free) methods.
- The fee is $25 per plot or raised bed for the entire 2019 garden season.
If you have Community Garden questions, call Coordinator Oakley Biesanz at 651-249-2173.
Edgerton Community Garden Location
The Community Garden is located in Edgerton Park near the baseball fields and the playground. The park is located near the corner of Roselawn and Edgerton in Maplewood, and just north of Edgerton Elementary School.
This handout highlights research-based gardening tips for building your soil and controlling pests and weeds organically. This handout was put together by Jeffrey Gillman, former professor at University of Minnesota in Horticultural Sciences, and his presentation for the Community Gardens of Maplewood and North St Paul. The following translations are provided by local volunteers:
- English Language Gardening Tips (PDF)
- Hmong Language Gardening Tips (PDF)
- Karen Language Gardening Tips (PDF)
- Spanish Language Gardening Tips (PDF)
- Gardening Matters - Find a Garden Map - This local nonprofit supports "Community Gardening for a Just, Diverse, and Sustainable Local Food System."
- Harvest Gardens Community Garden is a Community Garden Coordinated by First Evangelical Free Church. Reach the voice mailbox at 651-288-1082.
- Independent School District 622 Community Education Gardens at Cowern School, Harmony School, and Carver School.
- Lakeview Peace Gardens at:
Lakeview Lutheran Church
1194 E County Road C
St. Paul, MN 55109
- Ramsey County Compost Sites: Free compost available for Ramsey County residents (and wood chips) for gardening. Check the individual websites for details about hours and availability.
- Ramsey County Master Gardeners are there to help you learn more about gardening! Ask a Master Gardener! Call 612-301-7590 for the state yard and garden hotline, or go to their plant diagnostic clinics, or visit them at some farmers markets.
- Rice Street Gardens is also located nearby and have plots open for rent to the public.
- Saint Paul Farmers Markets include locations in Maplewood and many others for your locally grown plant seedlings such as tomatoes, peppers, herbs, and flowers.