Conditional Use or Planned Unit Development
Conditional Use Permit
Conditional Use Permit (CUP) applications will be reviewed by City Staff and discussed in a public hearing by the Planning Commission, which meets on the third Tuesday of each month.
Before a decision to approve or deny the application is made by the City Council at its regular meetings on the second or fourth Monday of each month.
Planned Unit Development (PUD)
Planned Unit Developments are intended to provide a means to allow flexibility by substantial deviations from the Zoning Ordinance. Such flexibility could be found in setbacks, uses, height and other regulations.
Deviations from City Code
If you are applying for a planned unit development and there are deviations from City code, please include written justification for each deviation based on the following findings required by code for approval:
- Certain regulations contained in this chapter should not apply to the proposed development because of its unique nature.
- The PUD would be consistent with the purposes of this chapter.
- The planned unit development would produce a development of equal or superior quality to that which would result from strict adherence to the provisions of this chapter.
- The deviations would not constitute a significant threat to the property values, safety, health or general welfare of the owners or occupants of nearby land.
- The deviations are required for reasonable and practicable physical development and are not required solely for financial reasons.
Try to discuss your proposal with adjacent property owners before you submit a formal application. Any conflicts that you can resolve ahead of time will make it easier and faster for the City to process your application.
Application & Submittal Requirements
Please refer to the Conditional Use or Planned Unit Development Application (PDF) for submittal requirements.