Below is information on the process and meeting schedule for planning applications submitted to the City of Maplewood.
Also, find applications, including requirements, for all:
- Planning issues
- Street vacations
- Application Submittal: The city will not accept incomplete applications. Refer to the specific submittal requirements on your application form.
- Submittal Deadline: There is no deadline, the Environmental & Economic Development Department reviews all applications on a first come, first served basis.
According to the statute, cities are allowed 15 business days after submittal of your application to determine if your land use application is complete.
Development projects typically require review by the City’s Planning Commission, Community Design Review Board (CDRB), and City Council.
These groups meet on the following days each month in the council chambers at Maplewood City Hall:
- Planning Commission - 3rd Tuesday at 7 p.m.
- CDRB - 3rd Tuesday at 6 p.m.
- City Council - 2nd and 4th Mondays at 7 p.m.
The City Council would hold a hearing and make the final decision on these items.
Construction projects that do not require any special land use-related reviews only need approval from the CDRB. The CDRB reviews architectural, site, sign and landscape plans.
We will review your request(s) as quickly as possible ensuring review within state statute guidelines, if not sooner.
Applications received before yours will be processed first. Development requests that are more involved and complex will take longer to review and schedule with the appropriate committees. Applications that require a public hearing also take longer.
Minnesota Statutes, section 15.99 allows cities to extend the 60 day review period by providing written notice of the extension and its anticipated length, which may not exceed 60 days, prior to the 60 day deadline.
- Administrative Variance Application (PDF)
- Building Relocation Application (PDF)
- Community Design Review Board Application (PDF)
- Comprehensive Plan Amendment Application (PDF)
- Comprehensive Sign Plan Application (PDF)
- Conditional Use or Pud Application (PDF)
- Final Plat Application (PDF)
- Home Occupation Application (PDF)
- Lot Division Application (PDF)
- Minor Construction 15-day Review (PDF)
- Preliminary Plat Application (PDF)
- Public Vacation Application (PDF)
- Rezoning Application (PDF)
- Variance, Appeals, or Special Agreement Application (PDF)
- Tax-Increment Financing Application
- Woodlot Alteration Permit Application (PDF)