Building Relocation

To maintain a high standard of residential development in the City of Maplewood and to protect residential areas from deleterious affects through insuring that both new and relocated buildings from within the City limits or from other areas outside of the City, meet minimum requirements and guidelines.

Applying for a Building Relocation Permit will follow the following process:

  1. Return the application to the Planning Division.
  2. Planning staff will schedule a public hearing with the City Council. Staff will mail a notice to you and to each of the property owners within 500 feet of the property that the building is going on.
  3. The City will notify you of all meetings.
  4. The City Council will make its decision.

Application & Submittal Requirements

Please refer to the Building Relocation Application (PDF) for submittal requirements.