- Public Safety
- Forms & Applications
Forms & Applications
Commendations & Complaints
The Maplewood Police Department welcomes your feedback. Please let us know if you have a commendation or a complaint by filling out the Commendation and Complaint Form (PDF). You may drop off the form in person or mail it to:
Maplewood Police Department
1830 County Road B E
Maplewood, MN 55109
The purpose of the property watch program is to help ensure the security of your home while you are out of town or on vacation. Members of the police department will perform external checks of the property to make sure it is secure while you are away. Officers will check the property to make sure it has not been burglarized, vandalized, or compromised. If so, officers will notify the emergency contacts listed.
The following are details and restrictions of the program:
- Property watch requests require a minimum of 48 hours notice.
- A property watch is limited to a consecutive period of 6 weeks.
- Requests longer than 6 weeks will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Property watches scheduled for less than 3 days cannot be guaranteed a check.
- On average, properties are checked once per week.
- Vacant or abandoned properties, commercial buildings, apartment complexes, active real estate properties, and vendor stands are excluded from the property watch program.
- The property must be vacant for the entire duration of the watch.
- If someone is staying there, we will not watch the property.
- If you will be back for a portion of the watch period, separate property watches must be requested.
- If the property is vacant due to a death, the maximum length of the watch is 14 days.
- Calls for service take precedence over the property watches. Every effort will be made to check them weekly, but no guarantee is made.
- There are no set times that your property will be checked, but it will not be checked between 10 pm and 7 am.
Submit the Property Watch Form.
Permit to Purchase a Firearm Application
Permits to purchase a firearm can be printed out from here and filled out but they must be submitted in person, with photo identification, at the Maplewood Police Department.
Permit to Purchase a Firearm (PDF)
Personal Firearms Records
If you own any firearms, this form can be used in order to keep track of firearm information (Manufacturer, Model, Serial Number, etc.) and can be used to assist the police in the event your firearm is lost or stolen.
Personal Firearms Record (PDF)
Maplewood Police Check Diversion Program
The Department participates in a check diversion program. Please refer to the following attachment if you are the recipient of a bad check.