Orphaned or Injured Wildlife

What to Do With Lost, Orphaned or Injured Animals

If the animal you've found is injured or orphaned, the best solution is to contact the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center of Minnesota. They have the facility, permits, and expertise that are needed to help the animal:
Wildlife Rehabilitation Center of Minnesota
2530 Dale Street N
Roseville, MN 55113

Phone: 651-486-9453

Nature Center as a Resource

Please do not bring the animal to Maplewood Nature Center. If the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center cannot be reached you can call the Nature Center at 651-249-2170. We cannot take in the animal but may be able to answer questions regarding whether it needs care. The Nature Center also carries many books in its library shelves that can serve as a way to become more educated about animal behavior.

Some Helpful Advice Regarding Specific Animals:

It is possible that intervention on your part may not be needed. To find more information on the needs and behavior of animals in specific situations visit the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center of Minnesota website.