Intoxicating Liquor - Off Sale
An "Off-Sale Intoxicating Liquor" license is required of any person or company that engages in the sale of intoxicating liquor for consumption off or away from the premises of the retail store where sold. Under this license, intoxicating liquor must be sold in its original packages.
Guidance relating to Intoxicating Liquor licenses is contained in the Maplewood City Code, Chapter 6, Article III. All license holders are required to be familiar with the provisions of this Chapter, Minnesota Statute Chapter 340A and federal regulations.
On August 10, 2020 City Council approved an ordinance amendment to remove distance restrictions for Off-Sale Intoxicating Liquor license establishments.
Apply for a License
Applications for business licenses have been transitioned to an online licensing system (Accela) and is available for access via the Citizen Access portal.
The following documents are required to be submitted with this application:
- Affidavit (PDF) Opens in New Window from each owner/partner/corporate officer with greater than 5% stock, and establishment manager
- AGED Application for an Off-Sale Intoxicating Liquor License (PDF) PDF Download Opens in New Window
- AGED Retailer’s (Buyer’s) Card Application (PDF) PDF Download Opens in New Window Opens in New Window
- Certificate of Insurance (See SAMPLE)
- Each owner/partner/officer with >5% interest in the business and establishment manager must complete a Supplement Application through Accela and undergo a background investigation. A background investigation consent form will also need to be emailed to email@example.com.
Guide to Using the Citizen Access Portal
Please use the reference guides below to assist you in registering for an account and applying for a license. If you need additional assistance please contact us at 651-249-2003.
Expiration / Renewal
License term runs January 1 through December 31, annually. Renewal must occur on or before date of expiration.
All license fees can be found on the city's fee schedule.