- Citizens Services
- Business Licenses & Registrations
- 3.2% Malt Liquor Off-Sale
3.2% Malt Liquor License - Off Sale
A "3.2% Malt Liquor - Off Sale" license is required of any person or company that engages in the sale of 3.2% malt liquor for consumption off or away from the premises of the retail store where sold. Under this license, 3.2% malt liquor must be sold in its original packages.
Guidance relating to 3.2% Malt Liquor licenses is contained in the Maplewood City Code, Chapter 6, Article II. All license holders are required to be familiar with the provisions of this Chapter, Minnesota Statute Chapter 340A and federal regulations.
Apply for a License
Applications for business licenses have been transitioned to an online licensing system (Accela) and is available for access via the Citizen Access portal.
The following documents are required to be submitted with this application:
- AGED Certification form (PDF) PDF Download Opens in New Window
- Certificate of Insurance (See SAMPLE)
- Insurance requirement does not apply to licensees who by affidavit (PDF) Opens in New Window establish that sales of less than $50,000 of 3.2% malt liquor were made for the preceding year
- Each owner/partner/officer with >5% interest in the business and establishment manager must complete a Supplemental Application and undergo a background investigation. A background investigation consent form will also need to be emailed to email@example.com.
Guide to Using the Citizen Access Portal
Please use the reference guides below to assist you in registering for an account and applying for license. If you need additional assistance please contact us at 651-249-2003.
Expiration / Renewal
License term runs January 1 through December 31, annually. Renewal must occur on or before date of expiration.
All license fees can be found on the city's fee schedule.