Noise Control Waiver Request
The City of Maplewood reserves the right to revoke an issued waiver permit based on complaint(s) received by the Police Department during the event, or violation of the waiver request.
Exempt from this requirement are the following:
- Lawn mowing (during daylight hours, but not before 7:00am)
- Use of landscape/maintenance equipment, power tools, etc (during daylight hours, but not before 7:00am)
- All forms of snow clearing, at any time due to necessity
- Any event or activity sponsored by the City
The City Manager may waive the requirement to obtain a noise waiver permit where the activity would not cause a nuisance, and where the proposed activity would not be within 350 feet of a residential use. A list of the property owners, certified by an abstract company or the county abstract office, shall be submitted with the waiver request.
Guidance relating to noise control is contained in the Maplewood City Code, Chapter 18, Article II, Division 3. All permit holders are required to be familiar with the provisions of this Chapter and with applicable Minnesota Statutes and federal regulations.
- Noise Control Waiver Permit application (PDF)
- Noise Control Waiver Consent Form
- Permit Fee
The Noise Control Waiver Request application shall be submit to the City Clerk’s Office. The application will be forwarded to the city manager or designee for review and approval. Upon approval, a copy of the permit will be forwarded to the Police Department.