General Resources for Residents of Maplewood
- A Brush with Kindness - This is a program of Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity that helps low-income homeowners struggling to restore and maintain a safe and decent place to live.
- Minnesota Help - This is an all-purpose site that offers a comprehensive database of local community resources for consumers, caregivers, and service providers. You can search for resources by using keywords or by selecting topics.
Specific Resources for Homeowners in Maplewood
- Greater Metropolitan Housing Corporation (GMHC) - Helps homeowners find funding to fix their homes.
- Hearts and Hammers - A private non-profit organization that provides exterior painting and home improvement assistance for seniors and the physically disabled.
- Merrick Community Services - A nonprofit organization that provides services to East side neighborhoods. Their services focus on reducing the effects of poverty and helping to maintain independence for community members.
- Minnesota Home Ownership Center - If you are a homeowner who is having trouble paying your mortgage or facing foreclosure, this organization can give you a hand.
- Senior LinkAge Line® - This is a free telephone information (1-800-333-2433) service, which makes it easy for older adults and their families to find community services.
Specific Resources for Renters in Maplewood
- HOME Line - This is a nonprofit Minnesota statewide tenant advocacy organization with many online resources for renters.
- Ramsey County District Court - Minnesota Statute 504B.385 allows renters to file a Rent Escrow Action against their landlord if they are not maintaining the property. The Second District Court can give you more information on how to do this; call 651-266-8230.
- Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services - Free legal resources to low income and seniors (60 and older) in a full range of civil matters.
- Tenants' Rights in Minnesota Handbook