Interior Remodel

If your remodeling project involves the removal of, movement of or building of an interior wall, or sheet rocking a building permit is required.

Please note: Smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors (PDF) are required to be placed throughout the house per code before a final inspection will be approved.

If a contractor is performing the work, the city requires the contractor to be licensed with either the state or the City of Maplewood. All gas work must be done by a contractor who is licensed for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning with the City of Maplewood.


Documentation required when applying for an interior remodel building permit:

Room undergoing remodel