Recycling & Clean Up Announcements
2022 Fall Clean Up Campaign
Reduced Price Curbside Bulky Item Collection
First Four Full Weeks in October (October 3, 10, 17, 24)
- Appliances, electronics, tires, mattresses, box springs, and more collected at the curb in front of your house.
- Contracted rates range from $10 to $35, depending on the item. During the Fall Clean Up Campaign the rates are reduced by 20 percent ($8 to $28) plus solid waste tax. Click here for a full list of prices.
- All residents that have curbside trash collection are eligible to schedule bulky item collection during the event. The fee is added to your bill. Residents who wish to use the service but are not included in the City-wide trash service (some townhomes and manufactured homes) must pre-pay via credit card.
- Contact Republic Services at 651-455-8634 to schedule a bulky item collection.
Maplewood Resident Free Shredding Event
Saturday, October 8, 2022, 9 a.m. to noon, Aldrich Arena, 1850 White Bear Avenue
- Dispose of confidential paper documents in Shred-n-Go's secure shredding trucks.
- Limit of six boxes weighing no more than 30 pounds each.
- Paper with paper clips and staples are accepted. No cardboard, 3 ring binders, plastic materials (CD's, DVD's, VHS tapes, cassette tapes, floppy diskettes, X-Rays, thumb drives, etc.).
- Place items in a cardboard box, paper bag, or plastic bag. Boxes and plastic bags will be given back to you for disposal/recycling. Paper bags will be shredded with the confidential documents.
Household Hazardous Waste Drop Off Aldrich Arena Parking Lot – 1850 White Bear Avenue
Fridays 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. throughout October
(First Day Saturday, October 8)
- Visit RamseyRecycles.com/HHW for a full list of items accepted.
Free Electronic Recycling Repowered located at 860 Vandalia Street, St. Paul
Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; second and fourth Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Ramsey County residents looking to get rid of televisions, computers, and other electronic devices now have a free and easy way to recycle them for free at Repowered. Visit RamseyCounty.us/Electronics for more details.
2023 Maplewood Resident Spring Clean Up Event
- Saturday, April 22, 2023, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Aldrich Arena, 1850 White Bear Avenue
- Click here for a list of organizations that take bulky items, shredding, and household hazardous waste for free or for a fee.