Recycling & Clean Up Announcements
Maplewood Fall Clean Up Campaign (October 2021)
Curbside Collection for Bulky Items
- Reduced Price Curbside Bulky Item Collection - First Four Full Weeks in October (October 4, 11, 18, 25)
- Bulky Items are anything too large to fit inside your trash cart, or are prohibited by law from being placed in your trash cart. Items like appliances, electronics, tires, mattresses, box springs, and more. Republic Services collects bulky items year round as part of the City’s trash hauling contract. The contracted rates range from $10 to $35, depending on the item. During the Fall Clean Up Campaign the rates are reduced by 20% ($8 to $28) plus solid waste tax. Click here for a full list of reduced contract pricing with taxes.
- All residents that have curbside trash collection are eligible to schedule bulky item collection during the event. The fee is added to your bill. Residents who wish to use the service but are not included in the City-wide trash service (some townhomes and manufactured homes) must pre-pay via credit card. Contact Republic Services at 651-455-8634 to schedule a bulky item collection (see below for scheduling mattresses and box springs).
- Free Mattress and Box Spring Collection: New this year, Maplewood is collaborating with Ramsey/Washington Recycling and Energy to offer free mattress and box spring recycling collection in October with Second Chance Recycling. Limit up to four total mattresses or box springs. Contact Second Chance Recycling directly to schedule mattress and box spring collection at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-332-0664 extension 6 (there is no prompt for this extension). In the e-mail or phone message, leave your first and last name, address (Maplewood residents only), telephone number, e-mail, number and size of mattresses/box springs (up to four total). Second Chance Recycling will call you to schedule the collection for a day in October.
Drop Off Collection Household Hazardous Waste
- Aldrich Arena Parking Lot – 1850 White Bear Avenue
- Throughout October
- Fridays 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturdays 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Visit RamseyRecycles.com/HHW for a full list of items accepted.
Other Bulky Item Recycling and Disposal Options