The City of Maplewood, which is located just minutes from both downtown Saint Paul and Minneapolis, is home to many businesses. These companies range in size from the headquarters of a world-wide corporation to numerous locally-owned businesses. These businesses provide the foundation of Maplewood and ensure the city continues its distinguished position of being a popular destination within the Twin Cities metropolitan area.
Some of Minnesota’s busiest thoroughfares, including Interstates 94 and 494 and Highways 5, 36 and 61, traverse the heart of Maplewood, ensuring visibility to thousands of motorists daily. Maplewood is positioned centrally within the 11-county Minneapolis/Street Paul region and is well known for its robust, diverse economy, a highly-educated workforce and outstanding quality of life.
The primary services provided by in the area of Economic Development include:
- Support to the Maplewood Economic Development Authority (EDA)
- Support to the Housing and Economic Development Commission (HEDC)
- Administer financial incentives to encourage business development
- Promote balanced development and job creation
- Advocate for business within the boundaries of City Council policy
For more information about economic development opportunities in Maplewood, please contact Michael Martin, the city's economic development coordinator.
Economic Gardening Program
Is your business headquartered in Ramsey County? Are you thinking of expansion? Is something holding you back? The Economic Gardening program is about cultivating home-grown businesses in Ramsey County, and it may present an opportunity for you!
Economic Gardening provides a suite of high-end, high-speed business growth resources to non-competing second stage businesses seeking growth.
- CEO peer coaching and collaboration roundtables.
- CEO informational Forums/Referral Networks.
- Technical Assistance and Focused Research, especially strategic market research, GIS mapping, search engine optimization and social media marketing.
For more info, contact:
Community and Economic Development