Coronavirus Action Plan
The city is working closely with our partners at the St. Paul-Ramsey County and Minnesota Departments of Health.
Through the leadership of our Emergency Management Director, and with guidance from the city’s health inspector and other city leaders, we have developed a multi-layered plan that can scale up depending on the situation’s severity.
It may seem minimal as a deterrent, but we’re urging community members and our employees to pay extra attention to washing their hands, using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available, wiping down common areas and staying home when sick. It is always important to cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough.
Here are some basics to better inform you and help calm what can be a tense situation:
- Coronavirus (or Covid-19) is a respiratory virus with symptoms similar to the flu. They include coughing, shortness of breath and fever.
- Wearing a mask won’t help prevent getting the disease, but if you are sick, wearing a mask can help you from infecting others.
- While there is no vaccine for the COVID-19, there is still time to receive the annual seasonal flu vaccine. The flu season can last through May and this is a crucial time to maintain the highest level of health possible.
- The coming of warmer weather may help slow the spread of coronavirus, but that is not guaranteed to stop it.
- To re-assure the public, the majority of confirmed cases in the United States have been associated with travel to China.
For the best information and resources, please monitor the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website along with the sites of the St. Paul-Ramsey County and Minnesota Departments of Health.
The Environmental Health Officer is responsible for conducting inspections of the following types of establishments located within the City of Maplewood:
- Lodging facilities
- Public pools
Please call to find out if a food establishment plan review is needed for your new or modified business.
- Food Establishment Plan Review Application (PDF) - Both new and existing
- Lodging Establishment Plan Review Application (PDF) - Both new and existing