City of Maplewood COVID 19 Updates
City Hall remains closed, services to resume May 26th by appointment only.
For the health and safety of our community and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been following the recommendations of public health professionals in Minnesota and the federal government in terms of social distancing and staying at home. While this included closing City Hall to the public, most transactions, including tabs and other services, have continued being processed through our drop box.
With Governor Walz’s announcement—which has been informed by public health data—to lift the stay-at-home order carefully, the City of Maplewood will resume limited appointment-only, in-person transactions at our DMV and Citizen Services counter starting May 26. This includes resuming passport processing, license renewals and other services. On Monday, May 18th restrictions will be lifted at basketball courts, playgrounds and picnic tables.
In the coming week we are finalizing the safety mechanisms and technology, such as appointment scheduling software, to conduct these operations successfully.
As Governor Walz has said, this is not like flipping a switch and everything will be back to normal. With our DMV and Citizen Services Operations serving more than 300 people daily at City Hall, we feel appointment-only services to maintain social distancing is a prudent step to resuming operations.
Anyone entering a City facility must wear a mask, maintain a 6-foot distance from staff and other customers and practice other good hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
Due to COVID-19, large events through July canceled/rescheduled
Based on the uncertainty of COVID-19, the City of Maplewood is canceling several larger summer events, including the 4th of July Celebration. This was not an easy decision as these are major gatherings for our city that attract thousands of community members from all backgrounds. We tried to delay this decision as long as possible in hopes the circumstances of the virus would change. However, based on state and federal health officials’ projections of the virus spreading due to large social gatherings and with the financial implications of waiting to cancel events, the City of Maplewood felt it was best to cancel now.
We want to thank the community for its understanding and patience in these difficult times.
Here is a list of Maplewood events that have been canceled or rescheduled:
- June Celebrate Summer, June 10 – Maplewood Summer Challenge, Afton Park
- June Movie Night at the Farm, June 16 – Bruentrup Family Farm – Rescheduled to September, TBD
- Light it up 4th of July Celebration, Hazelwood Park
- Touch a Truck, July 22 – MCC/YMCA
Posted April 27, 6:50pm
Drop box now available at city hall
In light of city hall’s closure, we have set up a secure drop box so that staff can continue processing vehicle tabs, business permits and other city business. Be sure to: provide your name, address, and phone number and item of business. City staff will contact you or mail your items. The drop box will be checked several times per day. Thank you for your patience during this difficult time. Posted Tuesday, March 17 12:03pm
If you have routine business with the City of Maplewood:
Department of Motor Vehicles
There are two ways to renew tabs without coming to city hall:
Online at dps.mn.gov for a list of open deputy’s.
Mail application to:
1830 East County Rd B
Maplewood, MN 55109
Please include your phone number in case we have questions during processing.
If you have additional questions contact, Deputy149@maplewoodmn.gov or 651-249-2000
(Permits, inspections, planning, zoning, public health, or code enforcement)
|New permit applications can be mailed:|
1902 County Rd B East
Maplewood, MN 55109
Parks and Recreation
Due to CDC guidelines, we are not taking rentals of any kind until further notice.
Maplewood playgrounds and basketball courts are no longer closed as of May 18, 2020.
The Center for Disease Control (CDC), however, does not recommend use of playgrounds for the following reasons:
- They are often crowded and could easily exceed recommended guidance for gatherings.
- It can be challenging to keep surfaces clean and disinfected.
- The virus can spread when young children touch contaminated equipment and then touch their hands to their eyes, nose, or mouth.
In order to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and for community safety please do the following:
- Practice social distancing (6 feet apart)
- Please use hand sanitizer before and after using equipment
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth
- Staying home if you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19 (including fever, cough, or difficulty breathing)
- Wash your hands when you return home
- Youth Dance Classes - cancelled
- All Parks Clean Up - cancelled
- April Pastries and Painting - cancelled
- April Karate - cancelled
- Old Log Theater day trip April 29 - cancelled
- Thursday Gymnastic Classes - cancelled
- Monday Tumbling Classes - cancelled
- Adult Spring Volleyball - cancelled
- Mother’s Day Bowling - cancelled
- Tai Chi Ch’aun Classes-current session cancelled, next session starting May 27
- Ballroom Dancing Classes Session 3 - cancelled
- Youth Volleyball Clinics - cancelled
- Floor Hockey League - cancelled
- Preschool Art Classes - cancelled
- Spring Soccer Starter Program - cancelled
- Spring Tennis for youth and Adults - cancelled
- Maplewood Nature Center, Wakefield Park Community Building, Carver Community Gym, Edgerton Community Gym
- Due to CDC guidelines, we are not taking rentals of any kind until further notice
- Old Log Theater day trip May 20 - TBD
- Adult Softball-Start date of week of May 11 for all leagues
- Ballroom Dancing Classes Session 4 - Rescheduled for May 14, 21, 28, June 4, 11, 18
- Nature on Tap Fundraiser at Crooked Pint - Rescheduled to September 18
All May Maplewood Nature Center programs have been cancelled with the exception of online programming.
Not accepting any field rental requests at this time
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and or 651-249-2111 with any questions.
Maplewood Food Establishments still providing take out.
Free student meals available for pick up
Students 18 years of age and younger can pick up a free bagged breakfast and lunch every weekday, Monday - Friday, while schools are closed due to COVID-19
Drive-through meal pick-up is available at the main entrances of Carver Elementary, Skyview Community School, and Richardson Elementary between 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM. Families and students may visit any pick-up site.
Posted Thursday, March 19 2:249pm
Permit to purchase/transfer firearm procedure
Applications will only be accepted for residents of Maplewood, and must be signed in all appropriate spots. Once our staff has received the application, via email or mail, the final page of the application will be filled out and sent via mail. This is a receipt only and not a permit.
- Email - Fill out the application and email it to email@example.com. Once an application is received via email, an automatic confirmation email will be sent back.
- Mail: Fill out the application, sign it, and mail it to Gun Permit Applications, C/O Maplewood Police Department, 1830 County Road B E, Maplewood, MN 55109
Posted Wednesday, March 25 10:40am