What is a Conditional Use Permit?

A Conditional Use Permit (CUP) is a permit acquired from the Planning Division which allows for property to be used in a way that may not necessarily be zoned or otherwise allowed for in the City Code. CUPs are attached to the land rather than the use. Only the City Council may grant CUPs, and only after a public hearing has been held. Applicants for CUPs are required to attend hearings to present their applications.

Show All Answers

1. What is a Conditional Use Permit?
2. What is a variance?
3. What is a Zoning Letter? What information will be provided to me if I request one?
4. How can I find development standards applicable to my project in order to comply with the City Code?