Here are your voting options in Maplewood for the presidential primary
- In-person Absentee Voting: January 17 through March 2 -- Maplewood City Hall (Or at Ramsey County Elections, 90 Plato Blvd W.)
- Mail-In Absentee Voting through Ramsey County
- Early Voting: Feb 25 through March 2 -- Locations TBD
Primary Election Day: March 3, 2020 -- Your precinct polling location
Minnesota legislators established a presidential nomination primary (PNP) in 2016 to replace the presidential caucus. The last time Minnesota had a PNP was 1992, 28 years ago. Precinct caucuses for other elected offices will still take place on Feb 25, 2020.
Additional information can be found on the Secretary of State website.
Important rules and notices:
- Voting will only be for presidential candidates from a major party.
- Each major political party will have a separate ballot.
- A voter must request the ballot of the party of their choice. If a voter refuses to select a party, they will not be able to vote in the PNP. A voter’s party choice is private data and will only be provided to the chair of each political party.
Other significant dates:
- Presidential Nomination Primary (PNP) – March 3, 2020
- State Primary Election – August 11, 2020
- State/Presidential General Election – November 3, 2020