Location & Hours
Nature Center Building closed until the end of March 2020:
In order to keep the public and employees safe from the COVID-19 The City of Maplewood has closed all public buildings through the end of March. This includes the nature center. Our public programs have been cancelled as well. The trails remain open for use. Staff are monitoring messages and taking phone calls. Thank you for your patience, please check the city of Maplewood webpage for more information.
Maplewood Nature Center
Email the Nature Center
2659 E 7th Street
Maplewood, MN 55119
Visitor Center Hours
Tuesday through Saturday
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Closed Sunday, Monday, and most Federal Holidays
Open 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset every day of the year. Trails, picnic area, and nature play yard are available to use every day of the year.
Please note: Maplewood Nature Center is located in Maplewood off Century Avenue going west on East 7th Street. Not all online map search engines will be correct; you may be directed to the west side of the park instead of to the Visitor Center. Use the Google Map link for nature center map.
A couple landmarks are Dege’s Garden Center at the corner of East 7th Street and Century Avenue, and Dukes Pizza on the east side of Century opposite the turn onto East 7th Street.
- From I-94:
- Take Century Avenue (Highway 120) exit.
- Travel north 1.25 miles to East 7th Street.
- Turn left (west) on East 7th Street, just after Dege’s Garden Center.
- From I-694:
- Take 10th Street North exit.
- Travel west 1.25 miles to Century Avenue (Highway 120).
- Turn right on Century Avenue and proceed (north) for 1 block.
- Turn left (west) on East 7th Street, at green Maplewood Nature Center sign.
- From Highway 36:
- Turn south at Century Avenue (Highway 120).
- Travel south 3.6 miles to East 7th Street.
- Turn right (West) on East 7th Street, 3 blocks south of Stillwater Road.