Filing for City Office
Eligible individuals desiring to become a candidate for City Council are required to file an affidavit of candidacy. The filing period opens on Tuesday, May 17, 2022 and will close at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, May 31, 2022. Candidates may withdraw from the ballot by filing an affidavit of withdrawal at any time during the filing period and until Thursday, June 2, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. Filing fees are not refundable.
Maplewood City Offices on the Ballot:
Mayor (4-year term)
Councilmember (4-year term) – 2 seats
A filing fee of $5 or petition with 500 signatures in place of the filing fee must be filed with the affidavit of candidacy. Petitions may only be signed by persons eligible to vote for the candidate named on the petition. A single petition may be used to both nominate a candidate and serve in place of the filing fee.
Affidavits of candidacy, petitions, and affidavits of withdrawal must be presented in person or by mail. Fax documents are not accepted
File In-Person at Maplewood City Hall:
- Street address: City of Maplewood Elections – 1830 County Road B East – Maplewood, MN 55109 – Window 8
The office will be open for filings from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on each day of the filing period except Tuesday, May 31, 2022, when office hours will be 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Note: Filing offices will be closed Monday, May 30, 2022, in observance of Memorial Day.
As an alternative, interested candidates may file with the Ramsey County Auditor. Check www.rcelections.org or call 651-266-2171 for details on filing at this location.
File In-Person at Ramsey County Elections:
- Street address: Ramsey County Elections Office – 90 Plato Blvd W Suite 160 – Saint Paul, MN 55107
Forms to be submitted upon completion
- Affidavit of Candidacy (PDF) - Submit by mail or hand delivery only and received by Maplewood Elections Official between May 17, 2022 and May 31, 2022.
- Petition in Place of Filing Fee (PDF)
- Candidate Name Pronunciation Guide (PDF)
- Address of Residence (PDF) - Use if private data box is checked on Affidavit of Candidacy.
- Affidavit of Withdrawal (PDF) - Faxed documents are not acceptable.
- Candidate Information Form - Voluntary Disclosure (PDF)
- Map Order Form (PDF)
- Campaign Financial Report Form (PDF)
- Campaign Financial Report Certificate of Filing (PDF)
Forms to be submitted to the Secretary of State upon completion
- Accepted Absentee Ballot List Request (PDF)
- Polling Place List Request (PDF)
- Precinct Finder Request (PDF)
- Voter Information Request (PDF)
The filing fee of $5, or petition (PDF) in place of the filing fee, must be submitted with the affidavit of candidacy. Petitions in place of the filing fee must contain at least 500 signatures. Petitions may only be signed by persons eligible to vote for the candidate named on the petition.
City Clerk's Office
City of Maplewood
1830 County Road B East
Maplewood, MN 55109
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.