Deputy Registrar - Motor Vehicles
Due to COVID restrictions, most City Hall services are available by appointment only (1 person per appointment),
Walk ins will only be allowed for renewing tabs. Upon arriving at City Hall, call into 651.249.2000 to get in a virtual waiting room.
Ensure you book the correct service. If you do not book the correct service,
you will not be seen.
Closed until further notice - By Appointment Only
Make sure to come prepared and with correct fees. We accept the following forms of payment:
- Check or Money Order
- Credit Card (American Express, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover)
Payments made with credit cards will include a 2.5% processing fee.
The City of Maplewood serves the general public as a Deputy Registrar on behalf of the Minnesota Department of Public Safety. The City of Maplewood Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is not an exam station, and is unable to conduct written or road exams; however, we are pleased to offer our customers the following services.
Driver’s License & Motor Vehicle Services
- Motor vehicle registration Opens a New Window. (Tabs) and title transfers Opens a New Window.
- Disability parking permits - Initial (PDF) Opens a New Window. / renewals
- Department of Transportation Self-Certification (PDF)
- Driver’s license, instruction permit (PDF) and Minnesota ID card application/renewals
Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Services
The Minnesota Department of Public Safety - Driver and Vehicle Services offers a variety of online self-services, such as:
- Pre-Apply for a Driver's License or ID (this helps speed up your transaction time at our office!) Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
- Help to choose what type of license/ID is best for you! Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
- Renew your tabs (for cars, pick-ups under 1 ton, and SUVs, only)
- View the Minnesota Drivers Manual (PDF)
Opens a New Window.
- Schedule or reschedule an exam Opens a New Window.