ALL RINKS CURRENTLY OPEN FOR SKATING
All rinks are open for skating. The crew continues to flood and knows that some rinks are still in need of more ice cover but there is skateable ice at the rinks
- Warming houses are CLOSED until January 11th.
- January 2nd - January 10th the rink lights at Afton, Four Seasons, Gethsemane and Wakefield will be scheduled as indicated below.
WARMING HOUSE RULES UPON OPENINGWe are scheduled to open warming houses on January 11th. Upon opening the usage rules/restrictions are as follows.
- Masks are required.
- Sanitize hands after entering. Sanitizer will be provided in the warming houses.
- Usage restricted to 15mn warm ups only.
- We encourage all skaters to suit up in your car or outside on a bench.
- No leaving belongings in the warming house. We will provide a shelf outside of the warming house to place items on if you choose.
- This will ensure others can use the warming house to warm up with the limited capacity allowed at each site.
- No open chair = Capacity reached.
- If you open the door to the warming house and there is not an open chair that means the capacity has been reached. Please wait outside until someone leaves. Our staff will move people through according to the 15mn periods as capacity is reached.
- If you are taking a break from skating and do not need to warm up please use the seating outside and around the rink. This will help with the limited capacity of the warming houses.
We know this is not as convenient as normal seasons but in order to even have the warming houses open we will need everyone's cooperation and understanding.
SAFE SKATE 2021 INFORMATIONWhile we skate and use the warming houses (when open) we need everyone to do their part to help keep the community safe and the amenities open. Here you will find some Safe Skate tips, important links, and usage rules/documents. Be safe and enjoy!
Maplewood maintains 13 skating rinks at 9 parks with four of those locations offering supervised warming houses. Rink and warming house locations, operating dates and times, closure policy and more are below.
WARMING HOUSE SEASON SCHEDULE
*All dates are weather permitting
|ALL DATES ARE WEATHER PERMITTING. SEE CLOSURE INFO.|
|Warming Houses Open||Monday, January 11|
|Warming Houses Close||Sunday, February 14|
WARMING HOUSE LOCATIONS AND HOURS OF OPERATION
*Warming house locations with hockey & pleasure rinks
|Afton Heights||63 N Sterling St||5:30-8:30pm||1-4pm|
|Four Seasons||1685 Gervais Ave||5:30-8:30pm||1-4pm|
|Gethsemane||2401 E 7th St||5:30-8:30pm||1-4pm|
|Wakefield||1860 Hazelwood St||5:30-8:30pm||1-7pm|
PLEASURE RINK LOCATIONS
*No warming houses at these locations
|Edgerton||2001 Bradley St|
|Harvest||2561 Barclay St|
|Kohlman||1000 County Rd C|
|Playcrest||2390 Lydia Ave|
|Pleasantview||1100 Marine St|
RINK CLOSURE POLICY
*Weather Hotline (warming house status): 651-249-2190
|RINKS MAY CLOSE UNDER THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS|
|When the temperature reaches -10 degrees|
|When the windchill reaches -20 degrees|
|Until snow is cleared after a snowfall|
|When warm temperatures soften ice making it unsafe