1. Individuals applying for a scholarship must be residents of Maplewood.
2. To qualify for assistance, families with school age children must qualify for the reduced school lunch program as developed by School District #622 or School District #623, or another type of financial assistance (must obtain prior approval by Parks & Recreation staff). There is a limited number of financial assistance available for youth scholarships. Proof of assistance is due at the time of application.
3. Scholarships will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
4. Scholarship recipients may register for only one activity per season. This will allow everyone an equal opportunity to participate in the programs offered.
5. There is no limit to the number of scholarships any individual or family can receive per year. However, the Maplewood Parks & Recreation Department does reserve the right to limit scholarships for those programs with limited registration.
6. Scholarships will only be awarded for individuals 17 years of age and younger.
7. A scholarship will provide 2/3 reduction in the price, with the participants paying 1/3 of the program fee for each program. No other discount will apply. The refund policy would remain in effect with no refunds after the start date of the activity and a $5.00 service fee charged for the cancellation prior to the start of the activity.
8. Scholarship applicants must fill out a scholarship application form and return it to the Maplewood Parks & Recreation Office, 1902 County Road B East along with the 1/3 program registration fee and the letter of authorization form from the school district for reduced meal status or other documentation of financial need. The registration can be done in person at the Maplewood Parks & Recreation Office.
9. A short note of thanks forwarded to the Mayor and City Council, 1830 County Road B East, Maplewood, MN 55109, would be appreciated.
10. The application will be kept strictly confidential.