Police Advisory Commission
The purpose of the Maplewood Police Advisory Commission is to support, review, advise, and collaborate with the Maplewood Police Department and its officers. The commission shall provide the department with the diverse perspectives of community members who are informed about department functions and capabilities and community needs.
The commission shall collaborate with police department leadership by providing community and professional perspective on department initiatives, including the review of various performance measures, police officer training, and development offerings, and community policing efforts.
The Commission is to be a mechanism for the both the City’s police department and members of the community to be heard with a goal of deepening understanding of the complexities of modern policing in the pursuit of community safety.
2018 Meeting Times & Location (subject to change)
January 18th, April 19th, July 19th & October 18th
6:00 - 8:00 pm
Maplewood Fire Station #2
1955 Clarence Street
Maplewood, MN 55109
Resolution Establishing the Commission
PowerPoints & Other Documents
- 2018 Department Plan Snapshot _Quarter 4-2017.pdf
- 2017 Enforcement Action Report _Quarter 4-2017.pdf
- Quarterly Report _Quarter 4-2017 PowerPoint Presentation.pdf
- 2017 Enforcement Action _Quarter 4-2017 PowerPoint Presentation.pdf
- AGENDA _Police Advisory Commission _04.18.2018.pdf
- MINUTES _ Police Advisory Commission _04.18.2018.pdf
- Quarterly Report _Quarter 1-2018 PowerPoint Presentation.pdf
- 2017 Enforcement Action Report Discussion_Quarter 1-2018 PowerPoint Presentation.pdf
- AGENDA _Police Advisory Commission _07.19.2018.pdf
- The NCS Community Livability Report Maplewood 2018 FINAL.PDF
The City of Maplewood is currently accepting applications to fill openings on this commission! Please consider applying today!
The Police Advisory Commission is to have at least 9 members who will serve staggered 3-year terms. While 9 members are currently appointed, 3 individuals have terms which will be expiring in September of 2018. The City Council will interview candidates that apply and will appoint individuals to fill these openings. Follow this link to find the Commission & Boards Application. Completed applications should be submitted to the City Manager’s Office at 1830 County Road B E, Maplewood, MN 55109. Applications are accepted at any time. Interview sessions are held approximately 3 - 4 times per year.