Application Process & Requirements
Applications are generally accepted several times a year based on our need for additional reserve officers. Applications can be filled out online through NeoGov.
To apply to be a Reserve Officer you must:
- Be a minimum age of 20 years at the time of application shall be required; applications will not be accepted from anyone not yet 20 years of age
- Have a valid Driver's License
- Have a High School Diploma or GED (General Education Development)
Once applications are received, applicants will be subject to a background check. The background check includes a criminal history, driving record, and reference checks. Applicants who pass the background check will participate in a panel interview.
To be a Reserve Officer, the applicant must:
- Be physically capable of performing tasks required of a Reserve Officer
- Be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Be able to search and/or restrain and control suspects
- Be able to withstand exposure to extreme weather conditions
- Be able to comfortably lift at least 50 lbs.
- Have the ability to talk and work with people in times of stress
Reserve Officer Annual Requirements
All Reserve Officers must meet the following requirements each year:
- A minimum of one 8 hour patrol shift per month
- Attend one mandatory meeting per month (4th Sunday of every month)
- Work a minimum of 50 event hours or a minimum of 10 event shifts annually