2018 EDGERTON COMMUNITY GARDEN PLOTS:
Edgerton Community Garden is Located in Edgerton Park near the baseball fields and the playground. The park is located near the corner of Roselawn and Edgerton in Maplewood, and just north of Edgerton Elementary School.
Grow Your Own Local Organic Food! Rent a 12’ x 15’ plot, or 4’ x 8’ raised bed (eighteen inches height, priority for raised beds will be given to those with self-reporting mobility issues, though not wheelchair accessible) for the 2018 garden season. The City will stake the plots, and provide a water tank. Renters agree to plant, maintain, and harvest their plots using organic (chemical-free) methods.
Fee: $25 per plot or raised bed for the entire 2018 garden season: April 27-October 24.
Online Registration: www.maplewoodmn.gov/communitygarden
WEDNESDAY, FEB 21: Returning Gardener registration begins
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7: New Gardener registration begins
Community Garden Questions: Call Coordinator Oakley Biesanz 651-249-2173
Edgerton Community Garden Open House: Open to the Public: Friday, April 27th, 2018 4:30PM-6:30PM
This handout highlights research-based gardening tips for building your soil and controlling pests and weeds organically. This handout was put together by Jeffrey Gillman, former professor at University of MN in Horticultural Sciences, and his presentation for the Community Gardens of Maplewood and North St Paul. The translations below are provided by local volunteers.
- Ramsey County Master Gardeners are there to help you learn more about gardening! Ask a Master Gardener--Call 651-704-2071 for unbiased garden answers, go to their plant diagnostic clinics, or visit them at some farmers markets.
- Free compost available for Ramsey County residents (and wood chips) for gardening from Ramsey County Compost Sites check the individual websites for details about hours and availability
- Saint Paul Farmers Markets include locations in Maplewood and many others for your locally grown plant seedlings such as tomatoes, peppers, herbs, and flowers.
- ISD 622 Community Education Gardens at Cowern School, Harmony School, Carver School
- Harvest Gardens Community Garden a Community Garden Coordinated by First Evangelical Free Church. Voice mailbox: 651 288-1082.
- Rice Street Gardens is also located nearby and have plots open for rent to the public.